VMware Communities
cakebread
Contributor
Contributor

I can't get Team Fortress 2 to work in Fusion

I'm trying to run Team Fortress 2 through Steam in my virtual machine, but every time I start it up, it plays the Valve logo, and then immediately shuts down. Furthermore, the logo isn't even full screen, it's only a small box within the OS. Does anybody know how to help me here? Thanks.

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

TF2 is a fairly recent game and probably has graphics requirements that exceed what Fusion provides. Fusion currently supports DirectX 9 without shaders.

0 Kudos
Pixels303
Contributor
Contributor

Try installing Version 7 of Workstation.  They did something to break the graphics engine after version 7 which prevented you to obtain proper video output while using Team Fortress..  Another thing to try is to install VMware Tools.  Without it, you are running without hardware acceleration, and almost nothing will work.  Version 7 of workstation doesn't work with VM's created with a newer version.  Might try creating a new VM, or convert it's compatibility down to version 7 before downgrading.

TF2 is not a recent game.  It has been out for several years, and like I said, the graphics engine did work at one time but is now not functional with this said software.

Workstation 7 graphics works with team fortress, but not newer versions.

0 Kudos
ColoradoMarmot
Champion
Champion

This is the Mac Fusion forum.

0 Kudos