VMware Communities
SJ13
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I can no longer click in my VM

Tried to open my VM, I get the lock screen for my windows machine, but when I click to activate nothing happens.

I even tried building a new VM, but I couldn't click into the screen to run the OS install.

Forum is a nightmare to search. At the top of the list was uninstall and reinstall VMware. Tried that no change.

I am running fusion 8 on Mojave-- trying to run windows 10 64 bit

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SJ13
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks all-- You do not need to upgrade to fusion 11, though perhaps there are some compatibility issues. The real issue is that I hade to give VMware permissions under accessibility in preferences. That solved it. thanks.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Welcome to the Community,

support for Mojave has been added with Fusion 11.

André

PS: Discussion moved from Vmware Experts to VMware Fusion® (for Mac)

0 Kudos
nschlip
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hey SJ13,

I had a user with this exact same issue crop up just last night. She is using a Mac laptop, and once she updated the Horizon Client on her Mac, keyboard and mouse input works once again. Give that a try and let me know.

0 Kudos
SJ13
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks all-- You do not need to upgrade to fusion 11, though perhaps there are some compatibility issues. The real issue is that I hade to give VMware permissions under accessibility in preferences. That solved it. thanks.

nschlip
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Sorry about that! That's actually exactly what the user I worked with last night commented on over the phone - she said there was a prompt to allow or deny permissions for accessibility. I told her to allow that, and then it started working. So my guess is something in the Mac OS (I'm not a Mac user, so can't say for certain) disabled the accessibility the horizon client needs, and when she upgraded the client it prompted to allow or deny that access again - sounds like you found it directly and re-enabled it?

0 Kudos
Mb1231
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi there, 

Hope somebody can help me, I have the same problem:

- I updated VMware

- I gave the app all the accessibiliaty 

- I restarted my Mac and the app as well

- Reinstalled the app on my Mac

However, nothing is working... could somebody help me out? 🙂