VMware Communities
Larry_River
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

How to remove VMware Win10 apps from Mac Catalina Launchpad

I installed Win10 on VMware Fusion on my MacBook Pro (MacOS Catalina). In VMware, I clicked on Virtual Machines > Settings > Default Applications. Then I check "Run Windows applications from Mac's Applications folder".

As expected, Windows apps showed up in Launchpad.

But I would like now to remove Win10 apps from Launchpad and revert to Mac apps original list without Windows apps. I unchecked the box from menu above, but Windows apps are still in Launchpad.

My question. How can I delete Win10 apps on my Mac?

FYI. I'm comfortable with terminal if this is simpler.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Larry_River
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you Will for the link. I saw it and gave shot with no luck before to post my question here.

But never mind. The problem resolved itself after few VMware Fusion reboots. Don't know why it was not reacting right away. Must be a glitch on my side.

Thank you all!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
wila
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hi,

Does the following help?

Re: Fusion5 Win8 Unity & Launchpad Icons

--

Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos
Larry_River
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you Will for the link. I saw it and gave shot with no luck before to post my question here.

But never mind. The problem resolved itself after few VMware Fusion reboots. Don't know why it was not reacting right away. Must be a glitch on my side.

Thank you all!

0 Kudos