VMware Communities
AJRovster
Contributor
Contributor

How to reinstall my printers after upgrading to Fusion 2.0.2

I just upgraded. I have 2 printers. Both are wireless to my iMac. After the upgrade, I have no printers. I asked Windows to Add a Printer, and came back with nothing found. I can fix this if someone would be willing to walk me through the steps to get the virtual machine to recognize the printers again. I had no idea this would be a hassle.

Can anyone help?

thanks

AJ

0 Kudos
5 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Without knowing more details, I would guess this is the problem being reported in . If this is the case, upgrading Fusion was not the trigger, but rather an Apple update. We're not sure yet why this breaks printing and are investigating.

It sounds like you're using network printers. If you change the virtual machine to use Bridged mode networking, hopefully you should be able to access them as if you were using a physical Windows computer (e.g. run through the same setup). Alternately, see for other ideas.

AJRovster
Contributor
Contributor

OK. I will give it a try. Thank you.

And it looks as though Apple has a problem as well they need to fix. the security update.

I will keep you posted.

AJ

0 Kudos
davidliu
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

AJ, I did see your thread and several others who encountered the printing issue with the latest Apple Security Update. As Eric pointed out, try the options in the Workaround thread. We are taking this issue seriously and working on it now.

Thanks,

David Liu

Product Manager

VMware

AJRovster
Contributor
Contributor

thank you. I will try the workaround

AJ

Feb 18

0 Kudos
gumguy
Contributor
Contributor

Bridge mode does not solve the problem for me and this is very annoying. What is the solution?

0 Kudos