VMware Communities
HanSooloo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

How to prevent Fusion from *always* using 800x600 when connecting to VMs on a vCenter server?

Running Fusion 8.1.1 on OSX 10.11.4.

I am connecting to a Windows 7 x64 VM running on a vSphere 6 server.  The vSphere server is managed by a vCenter Server.  I use the "File / Connect to Server" menu option and type in my vCenter Server address.

The VM window / desktop resolution comes up at 800x600.  I, then, change it to some other resolution, say, 1280x800.

However, if I close the window and some time passes by (not sure how long, but say a few hours) and I re-connect, the VM is now back to 800x600.

I am looking for a way/option to make sure that the VM always stays at the last resolution it was set at.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Mikero
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hm, good question.  Perhaps our fearless PM would know....

fubvmware

-
Michael Roy - Product Marketing Engineer: VCF
0 Kudos
fubvmware
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Which version of the tools is running on this remote VM?If it's old it might cause display issue, but I'm not aware of this specific problem.

If the tools installed is the latest version 10.0.5 or 10.0.6, we need to reproduce this problem to see if it's a defect.

0 Kudos
HanSooloo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VMware Tools is version 10.0.1 and vSphere is reporting that as "current version".

0 Kudos