VMware Communities
zi234
Contributor
Contributor

How to move VMBundle from one computer to another

Hello,

I am using on a computer A: Fusion 10.1.0 and MacOSX 10.12.15 and have couple of virtual machines running Android OS.

I want to move VMBundle files to computer B running: Fusion 10.1.0 and MacOSX 10.13.2

When I copy from A to B VMBundle file and start it on computer B I get error: "Cannot find a valid peer process to connect to"

When I use export to OVF on computer A and copy folder to computer B then import and select ovf file I get error "The import failed ... did not pass OVF specification conformance or virtual hardrive compliance check"

I have seen multiple instructions how to move it etc. but nothing seams to work.

Any suggestions please

I did click on Allow in Settings -> Security & Privacy -> General. But when I click Allow nothing is happening

Thanks, T

0 Kudos
5 Replies
zi234
Contributor
Contributor

There is an option on High Sierra to add "Anywhere" option in GateKeeper.

You need to go to terminal and run:

sudo spctl --master-disable

Maybe it will help someone but in my case I still get error "Cannot find a valid peer"

0 Kudos
wila
Immortal
Immortal

Hi,

If I am not mistaken, then your problem is not moving the VM from one computer to another, but it is that VMware Fusion 10.1.0 isn't working -at all.

I do not think that it currently is able to run a VM. The "Cannot find a valid peer process to connect to" error is usually an indication of a broken install.

You should try a re-install of VMware Fusion 10 and indeed have to allow the kernel extensions as you mention.

Normally that should have taken care of the issue already and I"m surprised it did not fix your issue.

Also see my blog post here:

VMware Fusion on macOS High Sierra - System Extension Blocked - PlanetVM

--

Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos
zi234
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Yes, you are right it is VMware Fusion 10.1.0 problem because when I try to create new VM from ISO it is not working and I get "peer" error as well.

I removed the VMware Fusion 10.1.0 from computer using App Cleaner then I run:

xattr -l ~/Documents/VMware-Fusion-10.1.0-7370838.dmg

xattr -dr com.apple.quarantine ~/Documents/VMware-Fusion-10.1.0-7370838.dmg

reinstall VMware Fusion 10.1.0 and still nothing the same error.

In System Preferences > Security & Privacy > General i have System software from developer "VMWare, Inc." was blocked from loading" and button Allow but when clicking it nothing is happening and I still can not create new VM.

When you guys clicked on Allow did the mentioned above sentence disappeared? What is the correct behavior?

I am close to reinstalling fresh MacOSX but I am not sure if this is going to solve the problem.

Did anyone have so many problems?

Thanks, T

0 Kudos
ChipMcK
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

In System Preferences > Security & Privacy > General i have System software from developer "VMWare, Inc." was blocked from loading" and button Allow but when clicking it nothing is happening

Are you trying remote access to the macOS host?  Tsk, tsk.  Does not work!

0 Kudos
ColoradoMarmot
Champion
Champion

Those commands are not needed.  After installing Fusion, if you click allow on the extension, it all should work.  If there's a lock in the lower left corner of the screen, you have to unlock it before you can click allow.  Then the message will disappear.

0 Kudos