VMware Communities
etank52
Contributor
Contributor

How to get back and forward buttons to work in VM reliably?

I have USB Overdrive on my mac, and I've tried remapping the buttons to specific key commands, but I'm having no luck.  In my windows 10 VM, when I go to a text field and click my back button, I'm getting a [ key and the forward button does the other bracket ] when pressed.  I have tried mapping that in the Fusion keyboard profile and that did nothing.  I tried doing the standard method I've found in other threads which state to map command-left to alt-left for back and command-right to alt-right for forward commands.  This seemed to work until I rebooted and now I can't get it to work anymore.  It's back to doing the [ and ] keys again now.  I've reset USB Overdrive hoping I messed something up there, but that didn't work either... anyone have any tips?  It's a logitech G9 mouse, but it's connected via docking station and that doesn't get detected by MacOS as a logitech device.  Nonetheless, it works just fine in MacOS, as well as in Parallels... it's just Fusion that refuses to work for some reason.  Pointers?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
AishR
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Refer to this article KB ID 1027805. You can get this fixed using Fusion's "Key Mappings" feature. Map COMMAND+Left and COMMAND+Right to Alt+Left/Alt+Right.

0 Kudos
Mikero
Community Manager
Community Manager

Here's a direct link... I don't expect the general public to know what to do with a KB number Smiley Wink

Fixing a mouse or keyboard that is not working or is slow to respond in a Fusion virtual machine (10...

-
Michael Roy - Product Marketing Engineer: VCF
0 Kudos
ana06
Contributor
Contributor

> Map COMMAND+Left and COMMAND+Right to Alt+Left/Alt+Right.

This won't work on all applications.

0 Kudos