VMware Communities
macintonishhd
Contributor
Contributor

How to get Star Wars: The Old Republic (SWTOR) To work in Vmware Fusion 5!

Alright, so i finally found a fix to this problem. Alot of people have been reporting recently that they cannot run the game in VmWare Fusion 5. For me, it works flawlessly on VmWare. When i checked out this problem, these users were using Windows x64, i was using Windows x32. So i looked a little more into this, and tried the game on Windows 7 Ultimate x64bit. The game, as other people were reporting did not work. So i am posting this thread to let you know, you need Windows x32 to Make SWTOR Work. I can play the game on High Settings without any problems. Also, if you experience screen problems e.g. While the game is loading, the screen looks messed up. But before you do anything, let the game load until you hear the Character Screen Music. Once that happens, you may get a blank screen but see your character. All you need to do is Alt-Tab out of the game and Alt-Tab back into the game. I Hope this helps anyone!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
macintonishhd
Contributor
Contributor

Please post back if this has worked or not! Thanks!

0 Kudos
sroby06
Contributor
Contributor

I'm trying to run SWTOR in a fresh Win 7 32bit install and the enter VM crashes at some point once you hit 'PLAY' from the first screen (updatesr download fine)...everytime.  Can you post your config for your VM to see if I have something messed up?

0 Kudos
gioapo
Contributor
Contributor

I also have same issue. I tried the f2p version, the game is working good at the start. No problem whatsoever. The second time you login however, it asks to activate your character, after that everytime you press that play button it crashes.

The weird thing is, i can start any character in any server and play as long as i dont go on the activate phase.

The mac is a mid 2009 fully upgraded, fusion is latest and the VM is an XP SP3 32bit

Doing some experiment with variuos mem/cpu didn't work out.

I managed to save the BSOD i hope i can attach the image here.

(Its in italian, sorry, but you get the idea)

Schermata 2013-03-30 alle 23.49.39.png

0 Kudos
UweKubosch
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same behaviour.  Most often the game becomes non-responsive, and sometimes I get the blue screen.  It happens with jedi knight characters that have played a bit, and then after activation.

It does not happen immediately for Sith warriors.  I can play Sith warriors for a long time, but then they also hang/crash.

Other character types never even start the first time.

Any way to diagnose?

I use Windows XP and VMWare Fusion 5.

0 Kudos