VMware Communities
smayer97
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

How to get Fusion 11.5?

Can the free v12 license be used? If so, how can I downgrade?

For personal use...I am still stuck on Mojave (32-bit apps and all).

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Mikero
Community Manager
Community Manager
Jump to solution

Yes, you can downgrade Fusion 12 keys to Fusion 11.

https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/2006975

The next version of Fusion 11.5 will also ship with support for Fusion 12 license keys as well.

-
Michael Roy - Product Marketing Engineer: VCF

View solution in original post

11 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

There is no “free for personal use” license/version of Fusion 11.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
smayer97
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

OK thx.

0 Kudos
smayer97
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

And just to clarify what I understood elsewhere, is it possible to downgrade with a paid license?

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Should be as far as I know.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
0 Kudos
smayer97
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

If you are not sure, from whom can I get confirmation?

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Mikero​ is the Product Manager.

0 Kudos
smayer97
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Mikero​ could you please confirm this last question about downgrading?

0 Kudos
Mikero
Community Manager
Community Manager
Jump to solution

Yes, you can downgrade Fusion 12 keys to Fusion 11.

https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/2006975

The next version of Fusion 11.5 will also ship with support for Fusion 12 license keys as well.

-
Michael Roy - Product Marketing Engineer: VCF
smayer97
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks Mikero

0 Kudos
AntonioJSG
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hello Scott,

I need to purchase Fusion pro 11 key to install in my Mac Mojave. I can´t upgrade my mac pro 2012 to Catalina.

is it possible to downgrade Fusion 13 keys to Fusion 11 ? If possible I will purchase Fusion 13 key.

Thank you,

0 Kudos
dempson
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

The general pattern has been that Fusion licences include downgrade rights for one preceding major version, e.g. if you buy a version 13 licence you could downgrade it to a version 12 licence.

[edited the following to correct initial misinformation]

Per the note earlier in this thread from @Mikero and other threads here, late updates of Fusion 11 (probably 11.5.7) will accept a Fusion 12 licence key, and that version will run on macOS Mojave 10.14 so you should be OK.

Also worth noting that a free personal use licence won't work because that option didn't exist for Fusion 11. You need a paid licence for Fusion 13, downgraded to Fusion 12.

Also worth noting that Fusion 11.5.3 or earlier doesn't support Fusion 12 licence keys, so if you need to run Fusion on macOS High Sierra or earlier it is already too late to buy a new licence. (Fusion 11.5.5 through 11.5.7 require Mojave or Catalina.) When Fusion 14 is released at some point in the future, that will remove the Fusion 12 downgrade option, which will prevent getting a new licence which can run on Mojave (11.5.7), Catalina (11.5.7 thru 12.1.2) or Big Sur (12.x).