VMware Communities
gregtampaflorid
Contributor
Contributor

How to find username/pw to connect to broadband modem on windows side of mac

I am connected via wireless on my mac and am running vmware fusion with windows 7. I tried resetting my connection and disconnected from the "broadband connection". it is asking for a username and password and I cannot figure out what they would be. I tried my windows login username with and without the p/w, i tried no username, i tried guest, and the computer name. Not really sure how to get past this.

anyone know what I should be looking for?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Dave_Mishchenko
Immortal
Immortal

Welcome to the VMware Communities forum.  Your post has been moved to the Fusion forum http://communities.vmware.com/community/vmtn/desktop/fusion.

Dave
VMware Communities User Moderator

Free ESXi Essentials training / eBook offer

Now available - VMware ESXi: Planning, Implementation, and Security

Also available - vSphere Quick Start Guide

0 Kudos
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

This is in no way a VMware Fusion issue as VMware Fusion has no control whatsoever on how the Host connects to your "broadband connection" and any user name or password required to connect is something that you should know and be able to supply when or as needed.  Additionally VMware Fusion does not track or store information such as that as there is no function present within VMware Fusion to do so.

Mac OS X has a utility called Keychain Access that has the ability to store user names and passwords.  However that doesn't mean what you're looking for will be stored there.  From the sound of it it's not stored because if it was you wouldn't be being prompted although you should take a look anyway.  Otherwise you will need to contact your ISP for any help regarding a user name and password to connect to your "broadband connection".