VMware Communities
crould
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

How to delete this shortcut

How to delete shortcut in the photo attachment?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
wila
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hello,

Right click on the icon of the deleted VM and selecting Delete from the context menu just worked for me to remove an already deleted virtual machine from the list of virtual machines in the library view.

I did change between list view and icon view, but am not sure if that was needed to update the screen.

--

Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
avanish321
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Try this :

Remove virtual machine from library

If you want to keep the virtual machine files, choose keep files option.

Cheers! Avanish
crould
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you for your help

That shortcut is actually deleted VM which I have deleted from the VM libary, but the shortcut is still there. Is anyway to delete manually? I use Fusion 5.0.2.

0 Kudos
avanish321
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Well in that case, I recommend you to manually uninstall fusion and add the virtual machines to the library.

For details on manually removing the fusion, please visit :

Uninstall Fusion

Download and install the latest build of fusion 5.0.2 from vmware if you dont have the installer .

https://my.vmware.com/web/vmware/info/slug/desktop_end_user_computing/vmware_fusion/5_0

Fusion will recognize the existing vms automatically.

If nothing is found under library, click on file > Open and add the vm manually.

Note : This process will not touch your vms and hence its safe.

Cheers! Avanish
0 Kudos
wila
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hello,

Right click on the icon of the deleted VM and selecting Delete from the context menu just worked for me to remove an already deleted virtual machine from the list of virtual machines in the library view.

I did change between list view and icon view, but am not sure if that was needed to update the screen.

--

Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos
crould
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you I just work for me

0 Kudos