VMware Communities
hm55
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

How to deactivate DHCP in VMware Fusion 5

Hello,

I am searching how to deactivate DHCP in VMware Fusion 5 except in Library/Application Support/VMware Fusion i don't find the file to edit for that

Any idea ?

Thanks,

Best Regards

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Have a look at: Modifying the DHCP settings of vmnet1 and vmnet8 in Fusion (1026510)

Change, as an example: answer VNET_1_DHCP yes to answer VNET_1_DHCP no

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Have a look at: Modifying the DHCP settings of vmnet1 and vmnet8 in Fusion (1026510)

Change, as an example: answer VNET_1_DHCP yes to answer VNET_1_DHCP no

0 Kudos
hm55
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

But the probleme is in /Library/Preferences/VMware\ Fusion/

i don't have a file "network" just a directory "Virtual Machines" and a file "vmInventory"

0 Kudos
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I strongly suggest you reread and follow the directions in the previously linked VMware KB Article! Smiley Wink

The vmInventory files exist at, "/Library/Application Support/VMware/VMware Fusion/Shared/vmInventory" and "/Users/${USER}/Library/Application Support/VMware Fusion/vmInventory" not in "/Library/Preferences/VMware Fusion/" where the networking file is for VMware Fusion 4 and later! Smiley Wink

jugger27
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

The file must exist somewhere. Try using this command in the Terminal Application to find it:

find / -name networking -print

0 Kudos
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

jugger27 wrote: The file must exist somewhere. Try using this command in the Terminal Application to find it:

find / -name networking -print

The file should exist exactly where stated in Modifying the DHCP settings of vmnet1 and vmnet8 in Fusion (1026510) based on the version of VMware Fusion being used! Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
hm55
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Ok so when i do "sudo nano /Library/Preferences/VMware\ Fusion/networking" it's perfectly working and when i am moving juste with "cd" it's not display !

Thank you for your help !

0 Kudos
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

hm55 wrote: ... and when i am moving juste with "cd" it's not display !

Not sure what you're trying to say here however for the record my reply, Re: How to deactivate DHCP in VMware Fusion 5 was the correct answer! Smiley Wink

0 Kudos