VMware Communities
jtml
Contributor
Contributor

How to buy upgrade to 11.57 from 10.x

I am using Mojave as my Macbook Pro doesn't want or need Catalina. I decided to upgrade to Fusion Player 11.57 on Friday. Downloaded it, and it works, so went to pay for it, and its impossible. VMware wants me to pay for 12.x. I contacted the online chat agent, who said thats OK, just downgrade once I pay for that, to use 11.57 license. I tried this, and the 12.x that I downloaded is not able to downgrade. Contact with another online chat agent said that I cannot downgrade Fusion Player 12 and must get refunded for that, and then order Fusion Pro 12, which has features that i don't need. But I cannot get back to my old 10.x license as they charged me for 12 and haven't helped me do refund. Its been an extremely frustrating experience for this long time customer, as the online chat agent gave me the wrong advice at first, then the second one contradicted the first one with the bad news. I put all this into a customer support note 3 days ago and haven't heard back from VMware. Does anyone know if Parallels customer service is more knowledgeable and helpful. Is it time to throw in the towel on Fusion?

Labels (1)
  • i

0 Kudos
3 Replies
bluefirestorm
Champion
Champion

I think the Fusion 12.x licence key can be entered into the 11.x installation. Vaguely recall reading in one of the posts in this communities forum.

You can download 11.5.7 from this link

https://customerconnect.vmware.com/en/downloads/details?downloadGroup=FUS-1157&productId=798&rPId=55...

Or this

https://customerconnect.vmware.com/en/downloads/info/slug/desktop_end_user_computing/vmware_fusion/1...

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

1. There was no Fusion Player prior to v12, if you want to use v11 you must buy a Fusion Pro license.

2. Fusion Pro v12 license keys work with Fusion 11.5.7.

3. You also have the option of downgrading Fusion Pro v12 licenses to older versions.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
jtml
Contributor
Contributor

OK thanks everybody.  Too bad the chat support people don't know this sort of information, or can't find it. I never downloaded 12 and only 11.57 player so no need to downgrade my copy.. I got license for 12.x player last week. I applied the license key for the 12.x player to the 11.57 installation and it accepted it. Good news!

0 Kudos