VMware Communities
PBurger
Contributor
Contributor

How to buy as individual in South Africa?

Hi,

I'm trying to switch from Parallels and have evaluated VMWare Fusion. I now want to buy it, but have tried online and 3 local resellers and there does not seem to be a way an individual can buy your product in South Africa.

I'm stuck with 0 days to evaluate and can no longer use your product.

I cannot believe that something so simply is made to be so complicated!?

Please assist urgently.

Thank you

Paul

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

You should be able to buy through VMware Online Store

If that does not work please post any error-message etc...

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
PBurger
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the help, Linjo.

The Online store does not allow purchase with a South Africa credit card 😕

I've tried buying it in USD, GBP and EUR. As soon as you go to the online store it immediately redirects me to the European store.

I could not find an online equivalent for South Africa...

I'm busy re-installing Parallels and restoring my parallels VM's so I can continue working.

Regards

Paul

Ps. Forgot to mention that I also tried to contact Sales, but as soon as I select South Africa, I'm supposed to have a 10-digit business number before I can get help. So not sure who designed the website, but it does seem a bit back-to-front for trying win new customers...

0 Kudos
PBurger
Contributor
Contributor

Update:

I went back to the cart and typed in the same credit card details. This time it accepted it. So not sure what was changed in the background.

Anyway, did all the effort to get Parallels (9) up and running so will be sticking with it for a while until I need to make a decision between the two again...

The other weird thing was that when I try and use my userid to log into the store it does not accept it. I have to log into myvmware first and then go to the store...

0 Kudos