VMware Communities
atmaine
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

How to access files on an external mac formatted drive under XP in Fusion

I apologized if this is covered somewhere -- search though I might, I'm not finding an answer.

Basically, I have an external drive containing a rather large music library. I need to access these files from within an application running under Windows XP in Fusion. Since the drive is formatted with the Mac FS, I use that same drive for Time Machine, Windows won't recognize it. I'm wondering if there's a way for me to set up a share point, or whatever the Mac equivelent is, pointing to the specific directory I need to access? Given that the drive is also being used by Time Machine, am I just asking for trouble, or at a minimum some sort of conflict if both applications try to access simultaniously?

Thanks for any info/suggestions and again, I apologize if this is covered somewhere that I just can't find.

Steve

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
neptune2000
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

You should be able to share a folder on the drive and view it from the Windows side. Set it up using up VMWare Settings - Shared Folders.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
neptune2000
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

You should be able to share a folder on the drive and view it from the Windows side. Set it up using up VMWare Settings - Shared Folders.

0 Kudos
atmaine
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you so much, I didn't know that option existed. Problem

solved Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Steve

0 Kudos