VMware Communities
Kevin-N
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

How to access files in Macintosh HD from XP (Bootcamp partition) on VMware fusion

I can't access Macintosh HD from XP on bootcamp partition. MacDrive7 installed in the XP doesn't work in vm-ware virtual machine.

Is it possible to open files in Macintosh HD from XP (Bootcamp partition) on VMware fusion?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
gbullman
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Assuming you are running the Bootcamp Partition under Fusion when you're asking this question (if you are booted into Bootcamp I can't help you). Why not just use the File sharing provided by Fusion? With the Virtual Machine selected in Fusion go to the Virtual Machine->Settings menu / item. Click on the Sharing icon (I'm assuming you are using Fusion 2.0.x) and set up to share whatever folders on your Mac with the VM.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
gbullman
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Assuming you are running the Bootcamp Partition under Fusion when you're asking this question (if you are booted into Bootcamp I can't help you). Why not just use the File sharing provided by Fusion? With the Virtual Machine selected in Fusion go to the Virtual Machine->Settings menu / item. Click on the Sharing icon (I'm assuming you are using Fusion 2.0.x) and set up to share whatever folders on your Mac with the VM.

0 Kudos