VMware Communities
dszpiro
Contributor
Contributor

How the heck does one uninstall Fusion AND delete the virtual machine?

I have tried to run the "Uninstall VMWare Fusion" utility but it warns me that it will leave the VM behind. Is that it: am I stuck with this VM on my hard drive forever now?

TIA,

Danny

0 Kudos
7 Replies
bgertzfield
Commander
Commander

Your VMs are in ~/Documents/Virtual Machines.

admin
Immortal
Immortal

and you can delete them like normal files.

0 Kudos
dszpiro
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your quick response! Does this step actually reclaim the HD space that I originally allocated to it during the VM creation step in Fusion?

0 Kudos
Deryni
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Yep. The disk space that you allocated lives inside the VM files. You delete the VM, you delete the (virtual) hard drives with it.

thetimer
Contributor
Contributor

I'm a new Mac user. I've been all over this machine and find no ". . . documents" folder. I'm sure it's there somewhere but I can't find it. I've looked in all the possible folders on the hard drive including, Applicaitons, Library, Applications Support, System. I've used the search tool on the hard drive and still no "documents" file. Am I looking in the right place?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Are you sure you're looking in the right place? "~" is *nix shorthand for your home directory, which by default on OS X is /Users/$/

0 Kudos
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

I'm a new Mac user. I've been all over this machine and find no ". . . documents" folder. I'm sure it's there somewhere but I can't find it. I've looked in all the possible folders on the hard drive including, Applicaitons, Library, Applications Support, System. I've used the search tool on the hard drive and still no "documents" file. Am I looking in the right place?

To add to what the others have already said... Unless you changed the defaults, "Documents" shows in the Sidebar of the Finder window. Also if you type the word "Documents" (without quotes) in Spotlight at the top right corner of the Desktop on the menu bar it should show Documents under Folders. Or on the Finder menu bar click Go > Go to Folder... and type ~/Documents/ and click the Go button.

0 Kudos