VMware Communities
m00dawg
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

How do you change the NAT IP network range?

For some reason, when I reinstalled VMWare Fusion on my new Mac, it opted to use 192.168.1.xyz as the NAT address range. That's a very common range and, in fact, that's the same range that is in use for my office VPN. So that's not going to work. I have been looking all about on how to change this and found some of the configuration files for doing so but most of the documentation describing these files that I have found online is out of date. Some mention a perl script I can run to reconfigure this stuff but I cannot find that on my system.

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? I find it sort of a huge and cavernous feature-gap that VMWare Fusion does not have a nice elegant way of configuring a simple NAT range 😕

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

In a Terminal:

cd "/Library/Application Support/VMware Fusion"
sudo ./boot.sh --stop
sudo nano ./networking
sudo ./boot.sh --start

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

In a Terminal:

cd "/Library/Application Support/VMware Fusion"
sudo ./boot.sh --stop
sudo nano ./networking
sudo ./boot.sh --start

0 Kudos
m00dawg
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Weird - I tried doing that before and must have jacked something up when I tried it last. Followed your instructions (except I replaced 'nano' with 'vi' Smiley Happy and it works great! Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos
hwong23
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

It works like a charm. Not only works for NAT, the networking file have had too the Host-Only conf too. So I have edited and it just work. Thanks for the nat advice.

0 Kudos