VMware Communities
hassiman
Contributor
Contributor

How do I upgrade from V1.1.1 to V1.1.2?

I was wondering what the suggested method of upgrading fro Fusion 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 is? Uninstall 1.1.1 first or just load 1.1.2 over the old install?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Installing 1.1.2 over top should work; uninstalling 1.1.1 is of course also an option.

0 Kudos
MandarMS
Expert
Expert

You can directly Run the VMware Fusion 1.1.2 installer to Upgeade the Fusion from 1.1.1, only make sure that you have Shutdown the Virtual Machine and VMware Fusion application is Quit

0 Kudos
hassiman
Contributor
Contributor

Any word on improvments in the new version vis a vis the interface with 3D video cards?

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Anything specific? 1.1.2 is a maintenance release, so there's certainly no major improvements.

0 Kudos
Piggy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I quit Fusion, rebooted in Safe Mode (hold down shift key while Mac boots), ran Disk Utility to check for any permission problems (there were none -- interesting how much faster it runs in Safe Mode!), ran Fusion installer, rebooted Mac OS normally.

Started Fusion, loaded my main Windows VM, noticed Tools needed to be upgraded, clicked Tools' Upgrade button and all is well. I have to repeat the Tools upgrade for the other VMs but so far no issues. YMMV.

0 Kudos
scottishwildcat
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I see they still haven't fixed the bug that the 'new' version is always installed into /Applications, regardless of where the previous version was installed though Smiley Sad Basic stuff that any upgrade installer ought to get right, really.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

We see that as a feature request, not a bug. It would be nice for the installer to do this, but it's not critical functionality.

0 Kudos
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

I see they still haven't fixed the bug that the 'new' version is always installed into /Applications, regardless of where the previous version was installed though Smiley Sad Basic stuff that any upgrade installer ought to get right, really.

I totally agree and for the life of me can figure out why that sort of checking isn't being done and if this was a freeware app I could understand it as you get what you pay for however for a commercial application not checking for the existence of and location of a previous version is poor programing at its best.

0 Kudos