VMware Communities
GABarber
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

How do I update my Status?

This is a stupid question I know.. But I am repeated remind Ed by email from the community to log in and update my status.   The problem is that I can't find any particular location in the site related to my account where I would update my status. I ha emailed the web site manager and not gotten a response.  Can anyone help me find out where I can do this so I can stop the reminders?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

This is a stupid question I know..

No, it a very stupid feature!

If you'er talking about the weekly VMware Communities Updates email that has a couple of lines...

Your Status

You haven't set a status update. Log in and set your status.

You can just ignore it if you want!

Otherwise click the following link and then in the upper right side under Status Updates click on...

Let others know what you're up

http://communities.vmware.com/index.jspa?showpreview=true

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

This is a stupid question I know..

No, it a very stupid feature!

If you'er talking about the weekly VMware Communities Updates email that has a couple of lines...

Your Status

You haven't set a status update. Log in and set your status.

You can just ignore it if you want!

Otherwise click the following link and then in the upper right side under Status Updates click on...

Let others know what you're up

http://communities.vmware.com/index.jspa?showpreview=true

0 Kudos
GABarber
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Does putting in a status update message stop the reminders altogether or can I expect to be periodically annoyed?

Thanks

Glenn

0 Kudos
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

If receiving email from VMware annoys you I'd suggest you change your Email Notification Preferences. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
GABarber
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks

I looked at that list, and do want to be specifically notified for most of these cases, I just didn't see a selection called "Annoying Status Update Reminders" and couldn't figure out how/where to specifically configure that.

Thanks

Glenn

0 Kudos
HopeCollege
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Glenn,

I think it might be this one:

"Send me an email summary"    

Set it to NEVER and I think you'll stop receiving the "update your status" etc, but still get the things you do want.

At least I hope so because that's what I signed in for today and that's what I'm trying.

good luck,

-Steve

0 Kudos
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I just didn't see a selection called "Annoying Status Update Reminders" and couldn't figure out how/where to specifically configure that.

0 Kudos