VMware Communities
gajacobsen
Contributor
Contributor

How do I uninstall VMware Fusion Tools?

I have downloaded and installed Fusion 1.0, build #51348. In checking Fusion forum, I see where Pat recommends that we uninstall Fusion Tools from the prior installation (which I'm thinking is still there, since I have not yet installed Tools from build 51348), and then install 51348 Tools. I do not see where there is an option of unstall in the Tools seclection.

What do I do now?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Harliv
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

To uninstall VMware Tools in a Windows VM you should use the control panel->add/remove programs.

Please let me know if you are running a Linux VM and if so which Linux and I will be happy to help you with that.

0 Kudos
marcusaurelius
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Tools are a set of drivers inside your Guest operating system, so you'd uninstall from there.

You should be able to use the Tools Uninstall instructions from the WS6 manual for now:

http://www.vmware.com/pdf/ws6_manual.pdf (see p. 113, "Installing and Upgrading VMware Tools")

0 Kudos
gajacobsen
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your help. For some reason it did not occur to me to delete Tools through XP Pro, but I did as suggested and the new set of tools have been installed. Too early for me to see what changes have been made through this new build.

0 Kudos