VMware Communities
hanseric
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

How do I uninstall VMWare TOOLS??

VMWare Tools is not working. I can't even get my guest OS (Windows XP Home) on the 'net whereas it was working perfectly previously for weeks and weeks. Then suddenly died.

But Fusion thinks it is still working I guess. When I try to Install VMWare Tools, it appears that my only option is to Cancel VMWare Tools Installation. Is it trying to install itself already? Or did I start that one of these times I tried to repair it and it got stuck installing?

How do I kill that process and restart it? Or better yet, how do I yank it out by the roots and reinstall VMWare Tools from the beginning?

Also, as a side note, this discussion forum's UI is kind of goofy. Every other forum on earth has "Start a Topic" right above the forum itself. Here it is at the top of the page with tons of non-forum links between "Start a topic" and the forum itself. Is this a forum page or a knowledge base home page? Looks like it is trying to be both and it adds time trying to hunt around finding a way to start a topic. Now I know, but I'd suggest changing that one. Maybe I'm the only one...kind of suspect not though. Might be worth investigating.

Cheers,

Hans

0 Kudos
20 Replies
AlexTheGreat
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

0 Kudos