VMware Communities
Peter_Mount
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

How do I stop Windows accessing my usb thumb drive

Hi

I'm running Windows in VMWare Fusion on Leopard. I've had trouble with Windows crashing and having to be installed again as a result of my removing my usb thumb drive after it was unmounted in Leopard but still mounted in Windows.

I'm using shared directories so it would suit me to just have the USB thumb drive mounted in Leopard and not in Windows. How do I make sure Windows does not mount my usb thumb drive?

I've had this problem with Windows Vista and I don't know if I need to use Windows XP Pro in the future as well as part of my studies.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Doesn't matter what OS, just make the appropriate setting change as in the image below. You may also want to have a look at: VMware Fusion (menu bar) > Help > VMware Fusion Help > Managing Virtual Machines > Configuring the USB Controller and Connecting USB Devices

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
mikelane
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

I am not a Fusion user but this may help: http://communities.vmware.com/message/824954

you can try unchecking the "Automatically Connect USB device" from VMware Fusion Settings-->USB

WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Doesn't matter what OS, just make the appropriate setting change as in the image below. You may also want to have a look at: VMware Fusion (menu bar) > Help > VMware Fusion Help > Managing Virtual Machines > Configuring the USB Controller and Connecting USB Devices

0 Kudos
Peter_Mount
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks for the replies mikelane and WoodyZ

Have a good weekend.

0 Kudos