VMware Communities
gerdgoebel
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

How do I request a free license key

I registered myself as a private user. I downloaded Fusion 12. During installation on my Mac (10.15.6) I selected to request a free license key, but I get sent to a link with a company logon. When I enter the e-mail address I get a message that it already is used.

When I go to My VMware and logon I see that the Fusion 12 is not registered.

I thought after I first had to register to even be able to download Fusion 12 the app would be registered at the same time.

What am I doing wrong?

34 Replies
PeaceFreak
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I was not able to see the download option, so I logged out in Safari, logged in with Firefox and was able to register and download!!

0 Kudos
user23732971
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I have this same problem, and so where is the register button?

0 Kudos
ColoradoMarmot
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

Disable any adblockers or cookie blockers, and open a window in private browsing mode.  There's a few dozen trackers on that page and blocking them makes it non functional.

0 Kudos
user23732971
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

oh, ok. but lol I just bought the full version cuz I'm ok with it

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
user23732971
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

but I do use an AdBlock. I never would have guessed that it was the problem 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
danlallouz
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

HI. I've managed to register for a personal license for VMware fusion Player v12. I am still using, however, an older version of macOS. Is there a way to download a version of Player v11 or v 10 that would work with macOS version 10.12 or 10.13? (will be updating my macOS soon, but need to invest in some new hardware first.)

thank you 

0 Kudos
Technogeezer
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

A free personal use version of VMware Player did not exist for older versions of Fusion. So there is no way to downgrade the personal use license to a version prior to Fusion 12. Purchased/paid licenses of Fusion 12 can be downgraded to Fusion 11, though. 

Before investing in new hardware, be aware that if you are considering an Apple Silicon (M1, etc.)

• VMs created on Intel Macs will not run on Apple Silicon Macs. 
  • There are not many Intel Mac models left in Apple’s currently shipping portfolio.
  • Currently shipping versions of Fusion 12 do not run on Apple Silicon.
  • There is a Fusion for Apple Silicon Tech Preview available that will run arm64 architecture VMs but not Intel VMs. 
- Paul (Technogeezer)
Editor of the Unofficial Fusion Companion Guides
danlallouz
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you for the reply. Buy new hardware, I meant newER hardware 🙂

Good call on the Apple silicone.

Thank you

0 Kudos
nickymops
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

i have my license key lost. its a free TRIAL Version. my email adress: <Removed by Moderator>

Please giv mir my license Key new.

Christa Strube

0 Kudos
RDPetruska
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

If you have purchased a license from VMware, you can log into the "My VMware" section of the website and see your licenses.

If it was a free license for Player, either review your emails where it was sent to you, or just re-request a new one.

0 Kudos
tchan123
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I have requested a wrong version of Fusion 12 (intel-based) but I am using a Fusion 12 Apple silicon M1.  Possible to register again for a Apple version?  Please assist. thanks!

0 Kudos
Technogeezer
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Fusion 12 is not supported on Apple Silicon. It may install and the GUI may appear to work, but the bits that do the heavy lifting for virtualization do not work. 

For the time being there is a Tech Preview pre- release version of Fusion that does run on Apple Silicon (M1/M2) Macs. It’s free to use until the next version of Fusion is officially released that will include that support. (VMware hints that we should be seeing it by the end of the year). 

See https://communities.vmware.com/t5/Fusion-Tech-Preview-22H2/ct-p/3022 for information on the Tech Preview version of Fusion. Also take a look at https://communities.vmware.com/t5/VMware-Fusion-Documents/Running-Fusion-on-an-Intel-Mac-and-upgradi... if you are used to running Fusion on an Intel Mac and are switching to an Apple Silicon 

Two things to be aware of:

• Virtual machines created on Intel Macs DO NOT AND NEVER WILL run on Apple Silicon Macs.
  • Operating systems that require Intel processors WILL NOT AND NEVER WILL install and run in a virtual machine on Apple Silicon Macs. You must run ARM architecture versions of Linux or Windows. 
- Paul (Technogeezer)
Editor of the Unofficial Fusion Companion Guides
0 Kudos
tchan123
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Now I have the Fusion 12 intel-based version.  I am using a M1 Mac , anyway I can use a Fusion 12 Apple silicon version?  or Any other version of Fusion?

0 Kudos
wila
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

@tchan123 wrote:

Now I have the Fusion 12 intel-based version.  I am using a M1 Mac , anyway I can use a Fusion 12 Apple silicon version?  or Any other version of Fusion?

Yes, you can download from the first link that @Technogeezer replied with to your question.

--
Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos
HenryGetz
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Worked like an absolute charm- thank you so much!!!

0 Kudos