VMware Communities
brendant1960
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

How do I migrate ?

How do I migrate just a select few of my windows based programs instead of the whole PC?  Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Welcome to the Community - It is not possible with VMware Fusion to do that - you have to look at an applicationi virtualization program like ThinApp - 

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Welcome to the Community - It is not possible with VMware Fusion to do that - you have to look at an applicationi virtualization program like ThinApp - 

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
abirhasan
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thinapp will be best for you. You can do vertualization some of your applications.

abirhasan 
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

brendant1960 wrote: How do I migrate just a select few of my windows based programs instead of the whole PC?  Thank you

Since you posted in Discussions in VMware Fusion® (for Mac) I'm going to assume your using a Mac and want to run a Windows Virtual Machine via VMware Fusion and don't really what to migrate the entire Physical Machine to a Virtual Machine.  The best recommendation I have is to install Windows normally in the Virtual Machine under VMware Fusion on your Mac and then normally install the applications you want and then copy any User Data from the Physical Machine to the Virtual Machine and or the Mac itself.  There are some expensive programs available to package and migrate a given application from one machine to another (physical or virtual) however if you have the original installation media it will be better and easier just to do normal installs in the Virtual Machine just as you've done in the past on a Physical Machine.

brendant1960
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

thank you all for your input. I think it will be wise to install windows and the other apps manually onto the virtual machine. Spent the budget on this macbook lol

0 Kudos