VMware Communities
ItsTechLLC
Contributor
Contributor

How do I get a trial of Fusion Pro?

Good afternoon.

About 12 days ago I started a trial of what I thought was VMWare Fusion as a part of my Mac deployment system. However, I've found it lacking and so I decided I would check out the Pro version. However, the dmgs are the same and despite removing the app, all virtual machines, the .viminfo file and the folder in Application Support, I still do not see how to get the Pro trial. And the version, when reinstalled, still shows me in a trial (says I have 17 days remaining).

So, how do I reset things in my system so I can install the VMWare Fusion 7 Pro trial.

Thanks.

Tim

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
wila
Immortal
Immortal

Hello Tim,

Welcome to the VMware communities forum.

This forum is a end user peer help forum and the question you have is a question for sales.

There is no publicly known supported way of doing this as I far as I am aware.

Answers for resetting the trial are means for circumventing the trial limitations and cannot be shared here as it would violate the VMware Community Terms of Use

To get official support please go to: Fusion Support and open a ticket at File a Support Request

hope this helps,

--

Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos
ItsTechLLC
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks. I'll try calling them. I'm definitely not trying circumvent the trial. Just trying to switch it from regular to Pro.

Have a great day.

0 Kudos