VMware Communities
tybosan
Contributor
Contributor

How do I get I resolution back?

I'm running Win10 in a VM with Fusion 10.1.2. I had a glitch while using it yesterday and now the rez is cartoonish. How do I fix to get the high resolution back?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
wila
Immortal
Immortal

Hi,

Not sure what you mean by cartoonish (using a very low resolution perhaps? )

Earlier today one of my Win10 guests also happened to drop out of high resolution and redraw a lot, not quite sure what happened to it, but it looked like the virtual graphics adapter or driver got mucked up. It also seemed like it was related to Outlook, so I disabled hardware acceleration of that in Outlooks "Advanced Settings".

What I ended up doing to get back to normal resolution was to reboot the guest.

Well.. more precisely, shut down the guest, then close from "File" menu and started it again from the library

After booting it again, the VM worked as before in normal resolution.

Hope this helps,

--

Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos
tybosan
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the insight. Yes, by cartoonish, very low rez in a square window. I don't use Outlook on the Windows side, only Outlook Web Access with Internet Explorer. I tried rebooting several times with no luck. I went back to a snapshot of the VM from the day before it happened and was able to restore the look. Seems to be working okay now, but I'll keep your recommendation handy if the issue pops up again.

0 Kudos