VMware Communities
TClove
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

How do I change the video card used by VMWare Fusion?

Okay I don't know a whole lot about video cards and stuff but VMWare Fusion uses the VMWare SVGA II as like a video card or driver or something. how do I change it so It uses my computer's video card to run everything on VMWare fusion. I have Windows XP SP2, Windows Vista Ultimate, And some Linux versions. all i really need it for is Windows XP so i can run Counter-Strike: Source. I can run Counter-Strike source on CrossOver mac 6.0 with 80+ fps but I can't do certain stuff with CrossOver that i know i can do on Windows XP. i have a 24" iMac with OS 10.5.2. I have a 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor and i have 2 GB of RAM. I have an ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro Video card with 256mb of VRAM. Can Someone help me?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You can enable 3D acceleration in the virtual machine's Settings while the virtual machine is shut down. Fusion currently supports DirectX 9.0 without shaders, I don't know if this is sufficient to run your game.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Okay I don't know a whole lot about video cards and stuff but VMWare Fusion uses the VMWare SVGA II as like a video card or driver or something. how do I change it so It uses my computer's video card to run everything on VMWare fusion.

You can't. See : Virtual Hardware for an explanation.

TClove
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

But is there any way to make the VMWare Fusion emulated video card any better? any way at all?

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You can enable 3D acceleration in the virtual machine's Settings while the virtual machine is shut down. Fusion currently supports DirectX 9.0 without shaders, I don't know if this is sufficient to run your game.

0 Kudos
TClove
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Okay. Thank you!

0 Kudos