VMware Communities
koreanssam
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

How can I use the Control key to click on multiple icons at once?

I can use Ctrl + C and Ctrl + V, but I can't select multiple icons at once with Ctrl + left-click. When I try Ctrl + left-click, it seems to function like a right-click. How can I enable multiple selection with Ctrl + left-click? I have already checked the Mouse shortcut in VMware Fusion Preferences - Keyboard & Mouse. Please assist me.

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
ColoradoMarmot
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

Technogeezer
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Control+option+left-click on the mouse will work as @ColoradoMarmot states.

Another way to accomplish this if you have the secondary (right button) click configured in the macOS System Settings (or Preferences) of Mouse/Trackpad is to modify the keyboard and mouse profile in Fusion via VMware Fusion > Settings... > Keyboard & Mouse

Under the Mouse Shortcuts tab of the Keyboard and Mouse Profile that you are using for your VM, deselect Secondary Button. It's configured as Control-Primary Button which is redundant if you have your mouse set up in macOS to generate the secondary (right-button) click with a right-button click.

- Paul (Technogeezer)
Editor of the Unofficial Fusion Companion Guides

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Technogeezer
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

What is the version of Fusion that you're running, and the guest operating system you're running in the VM?

- Paul (Technogeezer)
0 Kudos
ColoradoMarmot
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

control+option

koreanssam
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I use macbook pro M1. in vmware win11

0 Kudos
koreanssam
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I use macbook pro M1. in vmware win11

0 Kudos
Technogeezer
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Control+option+left-click on the mouse will work as @ColoradoMarmot states.

Another way to accomplish this if you have the secondary (right button) click configured in the macOS System Settings (or Preferences) of Mouse/Trackpad is to modify the keyboard and mouse profile in Fusion via VMware Fusion > Settings... > Keyboard & Mouse

Under the Mouse Shortcuts tab of the Keyboard and Mouse Profile that you are using for your VM, deselect Secondary Button. It's configured as Control-Primary Button which is redundant if you have your mouse set up in macOS to generate the secondary (right-button) click with a right-button click.

- Paul (Technogeezer)