VMware Communities
VWang1111
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

How can I stop VMware Fusion from installing vmware virtual mouse driver?

Most of the times after I resume windows 8 using vmware fusion, I have to uninstall the vmware usb mouse driver. Even after I installed it, the guest os still works but it installs it again when I suspend and resume the virtual machine.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Remove the vmusbmouse.sys file from the C:\Windows\System32\drivers folder and then search the C:\Windows\inf folder, hidden by default, for the oemN.file file, where N on oemN is a number, containing vmusbmouse.inf and remove it and the corresponding oemN.PNF file from the C:\Windows\inf folder.

Also remove the C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\vmusbmouse.inf_* folder.

This should stop Windows from automatically installing the driver for the vmusbmouse.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Remove the vmusbmouse.sys file from the C:\Windows\System32\drivers folder and then search the C:\Windows\inf folder, hidden by default, for the oemN.file file, where N on oemN is a number, containing vmusbmouse.inf and remove it and the corresponding oemN.PNF file from the C:\Windows\inf folder.

Also remove the C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\vmusbmouse.inf_* folder.

This should stop Windows from automatically installing the driver for the vmusbmouse.

VWang1111
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I will check in the next few days to see if this will work. Thank you so much!

0 Kudos
VWang1111
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

It seems to have worked so far but removing the .inf file in system 32 required me to take permissions of the folder which you have to do in the properties dialog of the folder.

WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You really do not have to modify the permissions on that folder, nor should you, and just delete/rename/move the files from an Administrative Command Prompt! Smiley Wink

0 Kudos