VMware Communities
Hachikou
Contributor
Contributor

How can I obtain Fusion Player personal free license?

How can I obtain VMWare Fusion Player personal free license?

0 Kudos
11 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Google took me here: VMware Fusion Player – Personal Use License

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
wila
Immortal
Immortal

Hi,

While Scott's suggestion should work, it appears that there's still some issues with being able to get the free license and download.

If you are still bumping into that then please see the following thread for the workaround(s).

Re: How do I request a free license key

--

Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos
LutzBehrens
Contributor
Contributor

How to get VMware Fusion Player Mac Personal Use License

• Start current Mac version of Google Chrome browser
  • Go to: https://www.vmware.com/products/fusion.html
  • Use Link ‚Register Now‘ in the grey area with context menu ‚Open link in Inkognito mode‘
  • A new Chrome window starts
  • Register yourself including company name private
  • Register VMWare Fusion Player - Personal Use
  • Copy and save the License Key and start download of VMWare Fusion Player Mac version 
  • You are hopefully done

This worked out for me on December 24th 2020

LB
foobarplayer
Contributor
Contributor

I am trying this with no success.

When I validate the form in "register fusion player", I get a cryptic message that says that there is a problem but without any explanation whatsoever what the problem is. It is not the CAPCHA (hate those), as I get a different error when I purposefully give a wrong answer to it.

I tried several browsers and several computers.

So, how to get a license for fusion player ?

0 Kudos
foobarplayer
Contributor
Contributor

I tried once more, and now all I get is "content not available". I think this is a website problem then, and not just me doing it wrong.

Is there a way to contact someone to try to get the issue resolved ? (I searched for a contact form, in vain).

0 Kudos
JAKIJAKI
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, LB it works for me. Kind Regards

0 Kudos
amazighi
Contributor
Contributor

foobarplayer
Contributor
Contributor

I am trying this, but:

- the page does not load on firefox;

- on safari, it asks for me to fill in a form and after I validate the form it says "Something went wrong. Please try again." without giving any information whatsoever; no field is highlighted in red either, so I do not see what to fix!

What a stupid website! 😞

0 Kudos
cbrice0296
Contributor
Contributor

How do I get a license for 11? when I registered they gave me a key for fusion 12 which is useless to me

0 Kudos
RDPetruska
Leadership
Leadership

@cbrice0296 wrote:

How do I get a license for 11? when I registered they gave me a key for fusion 12 which is useless to me

Fusion 11 is (and never was) free.  If you purchase a version 12 license, you can downgrade it into a version 11 license.  However, you cannot downgrade the personal license for Player (as there never was a version 11 Player).

0 Kudos
BigMike23
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks for sharing this link, I was able to download from here.

0 Kudos