VMware Communities
bjorntj
Contributor
Contributor

How can I assign a keyboard shortcut to fullscreen VMWare Fusion?

This has been driving me crazy for awhile. I like to keep most apps pinned to specific, separate virtual desktops (or whatever Apple calls them... "Spaces?"). Using the Keyboard control panel, under Mission Control, I've mapped Switch to Desktop $X to Control-$X, where $X is the number of the desktop. This usually works fine.

Except that VMWare Fusion (in fullscreen mode) creates its own virtual desktop. When you call up Mission Control, you can see that (at least on my machine) it appends an additional desktop to the list of available desktops. This additional desktop does not appear in the list in the Keyboard control panel, so while I can get to it using, e.g., Move right a space, I can't actually assign a keyboard shortcut to it (e.g., Ctrl-6).

I'm running Mac OS X 10.9.1 and VMWare Fusion 6.0.2. Anybody have any ideas? The workaround I have at the moment is to do Ctrl-$X to the desktop to the left of the VMWare desktop and then Ctrl-rightarrow to move to it.

Regards,

BTJ

Someone wrote: "I understand that if you play a Windows CD backwards you hear strange Satanic messages" To which someone replied: "It's even worse than that; play it forwards and it installs Windows"
0 Kudos
0 Replies