VMware Communities
ldanielc
Contributor
Contributor

Hide "vCloud Air" option in Fusion 8 Pro VM list?

Hi, all.

I am trying out Fusion 8 Pro because I have been having some problems running Fusion 6 Pro on El Capitan: Fusion shuts down my Windows 10 VM occasionally, and my FTDI USB driver no longer works in XP and it doesn't work in Win10 (but it has never worked in Win10 yet).  Based on searches here in the community, it appears that these issues will all be resolved once I finally upgrade Fusion.  Too bad I missed the recent sale; I may just have to limp along until I see another sale... Smiley Sad

Anyway, I have no need of VMware vCloud Air, so I was hoping to hide the option in the VM Library list, but I don't see a way to hide that.  Am I missing the option to hide that unused feature?

Thanks.

-----

Edit: Yup, my FTDI USB dongle works fine in Windows 10 running in Fusion 8, and Windows 10 is not crashing in Fusion 8 like it did in Fusion 6, so I guess it's time to upgrade.  Now if only I could hide that "VMWARE VCLOUD AIR" functionality that I won't use....

Edit 2: Fusion 8 (and maybe Fusion 7) fixes the USB problems I've been having: my iPod, iPad, and iPhone all needed to be plugged, unplugged, and plugged in a second time to be recognized by the Mac.  This seems to be fixed after the upgrade to Fusion 8.

0 Kudos
0 Replies