VMware Communities
KaRmAChAnG
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Help with Boot Camp Partition

Hi guys,

My problem is that before I had a boot camp partition and it worked fine with Fusion. Later I got rid of the partition but now I made a new Windows boot camp partition. However when I load up fusion and try to run the boot camp partition, I get the error message; File not found: Boot Camp partition.vmdk

Please help!!

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Follow these steps to rebuild the Boot Camp partition Virtual Machine...

Close Fusion (From the VMware Fusion menu bar not just closing the Virtual Machine Library window)

Next delete the "/Users/$/Library/Application Support/VMware Fusion/Virtual Machines/Boot Camp" Folder.

Start Fusion and click the Boot Camp partition entry on the Virtual Machine Library window then click Run.

Next an Authenticate dialog box appears. "VMware Fusion requires that you type your password." Enter your Name and Password then click OK. (This is necessary to unmount the Boot Camp partition for Fusion to have direct access to it.)

Next you should see a Boot Camp partition message stating "VMware Fusion is preparing your Boot Camp partition to run as a virtual machine. This may take a few minutes. This will happen once."

When the Boot Camp partition Virtual Machine boots for the first time after this VMware Tools will install/update and reboot the Boot Camp partition Virtual Machine.

==========================

FWIW You really did not have to, nor should you, attach a 750K file of you entire desktop when you have already transcribed the error message!

If you really feel a picture is absolutely necessary or are asked for one then upload only what's relevant.

Using CommandShift4 then Space bar you could capture just the error message and it would only be around 32K. Quite a difference in size!

Built-in Mac Screenshot Commands

Key Combination - Result

CommandShift3 - Capture entire screen and save as a file.

CommandControlShift+3 - Capture entire screen and copy to the clipboard.

CommandShift4 - Capture dragged area and save as a file.

CommandControlShift+4 - Capture dragged area and copy to the clipboard.

CommandShift4 then Space bar - Capture a window, menu, desktop icon, or the menu bar and save as a file.

CommandControlShift+4 then Space bar - Capture a window, menu, desktop icon, or the menu bar and copy to the clipboard.

Note: When you do a Screenshot that saves to a file it's placed on your Desktop as "Picture n.png" (Where "n" is a number.)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Follow these steps to rebuild the Boot Camp partition Virtual Machine...

Close Fusion (From the VMware Fusion menu bar not just closing the Virtual Machine Library window)

Next delete the "/Users/$/Library/Application Support/VMware Fusion/Virtual Machines/Boot Camp" Folder.

Start Fusion and click the Boot Camp partition entry on the Virtual Machine Library window then click Run.

Next an Authenticate dialog box appears. "VMware Fusion requires that you type your password." Enter your Name and Password then click OK. (This is necessary to unmount the Boot Camp partition for Fusion to have direct access to it.)

Next you should see a Boot Camp partition message stating "VMware Fusion is preparing your Boot Camp partition to run as a virtual machine. This may take a few minutes. This will happen once."

When the Boot Camp partition Virtual Machine boots for the first time after this VMware Tools will install/update and reboot the Boot Camp partition Virtual Machine.

==========================

FWIW You really did not have to, nor should you, attach a 750K file of you entire desktop when you have already transcribed the error message!

If you really feel a picture is absolutely necessary or are asked for one then upload only what's relevant.

Using CommandShift4 then Space bar you could capture just the error message and it would only be around 32K. Quite a difference in size!

Built-in Mac Screenshot Commands

Key Combination - Result

CommandShift3 - Capture entire screen and save as a file.

CommandControlShift+3 - Capture entire screen and copy to the clipboard.

CommandShift4 - Capture dragged area and save as a file.

CommandControlShift+4 - Capture dragged area and copy to the clipboard.

CommandShift4 then Space bar - Capture a window, menu, desktop icon, or the menu bar and save as a file.

CommandControlShift+4 then Space bar - Capture a window, menu, desktop icon, or the menu bar and copy to the clipboard.

Note: When you do a Screenshot that saves to a file it's placed on your Desktop as "Picture n.png" (Where "n" is a number.)

0 Kudos
KaRmAChAnG
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hey,

Did exactly as you said, worked like a dream. Thanks again.

Thanks for the screenshot tips I'll keep them in mind. Commandshift3 was the only one I knew at the time.

Thanks again

0 Kudos