VMware Communities
KAGADO
Contributor
Contributor

Help - trying to open a backup MYOB file in VM

Hi - I have no idea what I am doing wrong however I use VM Fusion only to run MYOB as it won't run on a mac.  I've been trying to open a backup MYOB file however it won't recognise the file - it looks like the attached image.  I think there is something wrong with my desktop or z file or something.  Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

There is an area of VMTN for Fusion, I've reported your thread asking moderators to move it there.

Not sure if your problem is anything specific to Fusion though, or more related to the application or to Windows.

You need to give more details about the application - has it ever worked, how did you install it, etc...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
wila
Immortal
Immortal

Hi,

Your screenshot shows that the MYOB file is a link (the little arrow in the corner), not the actual file on your desktop.

You will have to copy the full file into your VM and open it directly.

I have some recollection of earlier reports that MYOB does not work along with VMware shared folders.

--
Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos