VMware Communities
mattthornton
Contributor
Contributor

Help configuring Fusion and Checkpoint client

Hi. I'm running VMWare Fusion 3.1.2 on a 10.6 iMac. I have created a 32-bit Windows 7 VM and installed the SecuRemote Checkpoint client on the VM, as my client's CheckPoint firewall is quite old and doesn't support the later clients. On the W7 VM, the SecuRemote connection establishes fine, however, I don't have any VPN like connectivity. i.e., I can't get on to any of the machines on the network.

I'm trying to work out if there's some configuration I'm missing to get this working. Do I have to do anything to the host (i.e., the iMac) to get this working, like IP tunneling or anything?

I've seen the stuff about the CheckPoint Mac client being incompatible with VMware fusion (causing hangs, etc.) but I don't think that's the case in this instance - as I'm trying to connect from a Win32 VM.

Any help or thoughts on how to conifgure this would be much appreciated...!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
ColoradoMarmot
Champion
Champion

Use bridged mode in the VM - then everything should work from inside it.  You won't have connectivity on the Mac side.

0 Kudos
mattthornton
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, this is what I have at the moment. Still no joy. I'm not convinced about DNS and so on... e.g., I'm trying to RDP some machines on the VPN network but it can't find them, by hostname or IP address. Should the Checkpoint Virtual adaptor be connected? In IPCONFIG it is there but "disconnected"

0 Kudos