VMware Communities
lsh08
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Help, can't get into Windows VM- message 'Recycle bin on C:\ is corrupt...

Help!

I can't get into my Windows machine - it starts up find, but then I get the Windows error "the recycle bin on C:\ is corrupted, do you want to empty the Recycle Bin for this device?

Choices are YES and NO but it's acting like my keyboard is not recognized - I can't actually select anything.

Therefore, I can't get into the instance.

Has anyone seen this before or can you suggest how to bypass this?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
lsh08
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I figured it out.     I used the VMWare menu to restart the instance and it worked fine.

I hadn't realized that when I re-imaged 6 months ago, that I created the bootcamp instance as a separate virtual instance instead of sharing the bootcamp hard drive.

I was able to copy my files and Now I have google drive backing up the few files that I need on Windows.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
lsh08
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I should add: I'm running windows 10 - latest version.        Also Fusion Version 10.1.2 (8502123)

I use a MacBook pro touch '16

0 Kudos
lsh08
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I figured it out.     I used the VMWare menu to restart the instance and it worked fine.

I hadn't realized that when I re-imaged 6 months ago, that I created the bootcamp instance as a separate virtual instance instead of sharing the bootcamp hard drive.

I was able to copy my files and Now I have google drive backing up the few files that I need on Windows.

0 Kudos