VMware Communities
jacksonstev1
Contributor
Contributor

Help!!! Windows 8 now takes over an hour to load after upgrading to Yosemite and version 7

After upgrading to Yosemite, my Fusion version 6 no longer worked. So, I upgrade to  Fusion version 7 as that is "compatible". Now, it takes over an hour to load Windows 8. Please advise ASAP!!

- IMAC 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5 with 12 gb memory, graphics; AMD radeon HD 6770M 512 mb

- Windows 8 with all latest updates

- Fusion 7 "upgrade" to ver 6

Also, file vault is NOT activated

As a side note, moving my mouse while windows is loading seems to speed it up, or at least make the spinning graphic move faster.

edit by Wil van Antwerpen Changed the title of the thread from ALL CAPS to normal case.

4 Replies
WadeMasshardt
Contributor
Contributor

I think this is the same problem people in a couple other forum threads are having. I am experiencing this as well. Upgraded to Fusion 7 after upgrading to Yosemite, I hadn't tried running Fusion 6 under Yosemite, so I don't know if this problem is limited to just Fusion 7.

0 Kudos
jacksonstev1
Contributor
Contributor

Version 6 apparently was not compatible with Yosemite as it had a stop logo (circle with a diagonal line) through the Fusion logo. This is why I downloaded the Version 7 update.

0 Kudos
WadeMasshardt
Contributor
Contributor

Looks like they missed a bug in 7. Hopefully they'll fix it soon. I only use my Win 8.1 VM to run AnyDVD HD to rip my blu-rays, and as it is it would take 20 hours or more to do one.

0 Kudos
ColoradoMarmot
Champion
Champion

It sounds like you may have hit the apple bug - check the other thread in the forum for a fix.

0 Kudos