VMware Communities
rob68
Contributor
Contributor

Help!! VMWare Fusion Mac 7.1.3 died - the app wont launch - the Virtual Machine is still there

hi - My vmware 7.1.3 app will not open - it jumps in the dock or if i go to the applications window it wont open from there either.

I have

1. trashed all preferences

2. trashed all the cache

3. uninstalled and reinstalled the software

still no luck.. is there some hidden file somewhere i need to delete? Can anyone tell me where I need to go to find the info about the 'crash' - i am lost for answers.

running MacOsX 10.10.5

It was working fine yesterday - just wouldnt start this morning.

Thanks

robyn

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
wila
Immortal
Immortal

Hi,

Did you also try rebooting the mac?

If it then still doesn't work try the reinstall for another time.

--

Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos
rob68
Contributor
Contributor

Hi - it was something to do with my keychain (I had to change a network password and for some reason vmware did not like it this time)

I did a fresh reinstall of the app, but it still wouldn't launch - it worked in another user account on my mac - so I figured it had something to do with my user account.

I reset the keychain to default - then the app launched.

My virtual machine was still there - we tried to import - but that didnt work.. you have to open it.

Now I am back up and running but i need to connect to the network and all should be good.

(what a nightmare)

Thanks for your reply.

0 Kudos
wila
Immortal
Immortal

Glad to hear it works again and thanks for letting us know how you fixed it.

--

Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos