VMware Communities
Jeffd777
Contributor
Contributor

Help Spyder3 Elite can't find monitor

I'm using Photoshop CS3 and want to calibrate my monitor. When I run Spyder3 Elite it tells

me it can't find the monitor or theres no monitor connected. It seems like I read a fix for this

but now I can't find it. Can anyone help me get this going?

I'm using Fusion on an imac 20" with a Samsung 244T second monitor attached. The Samsung

is the main monitor I use with Photoshop.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
2 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Are you trying to run this in the guest? I don't think the virtual display we present to the guest has any color controls, so the guest won't be able to color correct - you'd need to do this on the host.

0 Kudos
dumbledore9
Contributor
Contributor

I doubt if anyone will see this one year after the original post, but, FWIW, I have the same problem. I contacted Datacolor and they said it's a VMWare Fusion problem -- Spyder 3 Elite works fine with Parallels. Needless to say I calibrated in the host with no problem, but this is still an issue. Datacolor says that despite calibrating through the host, the monitor should also be calibrated in the guest. They said that a lengthy technical writeup would be needed to explain why to me so I said never mind. I have since transferred all my monitor calibration critical applications to Mac versions so I can live with this, but I still would like to know why VMWare Fusion can't pass along the necessary information to the guest while Parallels can. Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos