VMware Communities
TheLoneRanger
Contributor
Contributor

Help! Broken home/end keyboard shortcut in Fusion 3

Hello,

I'm running VMware Fusion on my MacBook Pro. With Fusion 2, all the shortcut commands used to go to or highlight from the beginning or end of a line of text (i.e. Home/End via the command-L or command-R arrow keys) worked fine in Windows. When I upgraded to Fusion 3, those shortcuts broke. I managed to get the shortcuts working to go to the beginning and end or a row, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to fix the combination that lets you highlight a whole row. In OS X on a MacBook it is Shift + Command + or . When I try that in Windows, it only highlights one character, as if the program only recognizes the shift and arrow keys. Any suggestions? This is driving me nuts, since I use it so often in writing and revising!

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
rcardona2k
Immortal
Immortal

I've always used Fn-left arrow for home and Fn-right arrow for end. These still work for me as far as their original function or highlighting with the shift key. You may want to view the new keyboard mappings in VMware Fusion > Preferences > Keyboard and Mouse to see if you want to change/add anything.

0 Kudos