gomatt
Contributor
Contributor

HORRIBLE Mouse Tracking SLUGGISH on Sierra w/8.5.1 - PLEASE HELP!

I'm about to lose all patience.

Someone please help me. I use Fusion for work and it's critical I get this working ASAP.

After upgrading to Sierra (which I will never do again) my mouse tracking in FUSION 8.5 and 8.5.1 is SLUGGISH. It comes and goes when I switch windows, but it tracks but then SLOWS down when you move the pointer more precisely. It's hard to explain, but when you decelerate the mouse, when slowing to click on something, it "hangs" up and tracks like you're using the mouse on a sandy surface or something.

It's HORRIBLE for Excel. I need to point quickly and preciously and now it's a mess. I called Vmware, update my tools, nothing helps.

When starting up from shut down, it's not there, as soon as I move to mac window then back to wmware it screws up.

Please someone help me.

0 Kudos
22 Replies
TCampUT
Contributor
Contributor

This problem does go away with Parallels, just an fyi.

I'm looking for a response here from VMWare.   Is this something you're going to fix?

0 Kudos
RickShu
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi TCampUT,

Are you using touchpad or an external mouse?

Regards,

-Rick

0 Kudos
mike_yung
Contributor
Contributor

Also having this problem.  Apple host's trackpad works fine in my VM full screen or windows.  When I plug my Microsoft USB mouse into the host is works fine on my VM when it's in a windows but in full screen, it's choppy like everyone else is describing.  Running v11.5.6. 

0 Kudos