VMware Communities
shobanadevi
Contributor
Contributor

HI

I have installed CENTOS in VMware.  I want the linux command to run in CENTOS.

The command is to select data’s from Event table(our table name) convert into .xls and mail every 2hrs. Can you please help me in writing this script.

Thanks,

Shobana

0 Kudos
1 Reply
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

Assuming the CentOS Guest has Internet/Network Connectivity and what you're trying to do is Guest OS sided then this is not really a VMware issue per se.  In other words from the sound of what you're asking this would be no different than if CentOS was running on a Physical Machine.  You would probably be better off utilizing other resources more centric to the tasks at hand and that would be Google, Linux Based Scripting Forums and the Forum for whatever App you're trying to retrieve the data from.

So the first part is to process and package the data and without knowing the App and type Container the Data is stored in I have no suggestion.  Without appropriate data to analyze, well there's a saying... garbage in garbage out! Smiley Wink

The second part is taking the packaged data and attaching it to an email and if you search Google e.g. "bash script to send email with attachment" you should be able to find something.

Once that is done then to schedule this to occur at timed intervals look at Automated Tasks in the CentOS Documentation and more specifically Cron.

0 Kudos