VMware Communities
Chelgrian
Contributor
Contributor

Graphics Regression on Fusion 12.2.0 on 11.6 vs 12.1.2 on 10.15.7

I'm posting this here because it's not possible to even report a bug or regression as a case without a support contract or paying for per incident support.

When the following are true:
  - The VM is running full screen
  - The VM is on an external display
  - ‘True Tone’ is switched on in display preferences

Then the display of the vm darkens and lightens on a regular pattern as though it was oscillating between two True Tone states. This does not happen on the native macOS display and does not happen when the VM is running windowed rather than than full screen and also does not happen on the internal display of the laptop. I have seen the behaviour on both my of external displays one of which is a NEC EA274 and one of which is a DELL 27" U2717D.

This is for VMWare Fusion 12.2.0 (18760249) running on macOS 11.6 (20G165) on a 2019 16" MacBook Pro with Radeon Pro 5500M graphics. This is a regression from Fusion 12.1.2 running on macOS 10.5.7 on the same machine.

2 Replies
ponyboy
Contributor
Contributor

macOS 11.6 Host with macOS 11.6 guest... macOS guest stuck at 1024x768 resolution, kernel extension is loaded... wow, good to know that I'd be wasting my time trying to report this issue since it isn't listed as a known issue (yet).

0 Kudos
Chelgrian
Contributor
Contributor

For avoidance of doubt this is with a Linux virtual machine not a macOS virtual machine and the True Tone setting refers to the host.

0 Kudos