Contributor
Jump to solution

Gaming problem VMware fusion 5.02

this did not happen on 5

hardware: macbook pro 15 retina mid 2012

Vusial system: window7 & 8

game: Street fighter arcade edition iv

everything was OK in 5.0 no matter for win7 or win8,

after upgrading to 5.02, I can log into the game menu except for the matches. VMware display an ERROR occurred.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

There has been some issues reported with the 5.0.2 update and I'd recommend reverting to the previous version your were using prior to upgrading to 5.0.2.  You can download previous versions from VMware's Web Site and then uninstall/reinstall.

Use the following link: Download VMware Fusion

Then click the View Download button and it will default to the latest (5.0.2 at the moment) however now select 5.0.1 or 5.0.0 in the Version drop-down list box.

Also note that uninstalling/reinstalling VMware Fusion does not remove your Virtual Machines and not counting the download time it should then take less then 5 minutes to uninstall/reinstall VMware Fusion itself.  Additionally don't forget to uninstall/reinstall (not repair install)

VMware Tools after downgrading VMware Fusion.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

There has been some issues reported with the 5.0.2 update and I'd recommend reverting to the previous version your were using prior to upgrading to 5.0.2.  You can download previous versions from VMware's Web Site and then uninstall/reinstall.

Use the following link: Download VMware Fusion

Then click the View Download button and it will default to the latest (5.0.2 at the moment) however now select 5.0.1 or 5.0.0 in the Version drop-down list box.

Also note that uninstalling/reinstalling VMware Fusion does not remove your Virtual Machines and not counting the download time it should then take less then 5 minutes to uninstall/reinstall VMware Fusion itself.  Additionally don't forget to uninstall/reinstall (not repair install)

VMware Tools after downgrading VMware Fusion.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

This issue appears to be related to the contents of the 2012 Mac update. We're investigating. The same condition occurs whether running Fusion 5.0.1 or 5.0.2 on an updated Mac. Please drop me a note if you're aware of issues specific to the 5.0.2 update.

Simon