VMware Communities
Pete987
Contributor
Contributor

Fusion7/Yosemite 4 Issues

Brand new 15in 2.5ghz, 16gb MBP. Yosemite and Fusion 7 with a win7 guest. I have a few issues i would really like to solve. I am not suggesting they are faults with fusion, rather issues i cant resolve and would like some help with.

1. Camera is now presented as a VMware USB cam instead of a built in isight - when used with Lync 2013 it provides only very poor video. When used with Lync for Mac native it works fine. On my non retina MBP running Fusion6 with the same guest VM this is not an issue.

2. Hot corners no longer work when the guest VM is full screen, must hit ctrl+cmd first. This appears to have started suddenly, without me deliberately changing anything.

3. Guest Win7 screen res is set to 1440x900 so its readable, but its so blurry. I used the win7 cleartype tool but it does nothing. If i get my non retina MBP and run the same VM it very crisp, no blurry.

4. When using wifi 802.1x on mac and you share this to your guest, latest cisco wifi only allows a authenticated host single host for connection, forcing you to use NAT instead of bridged - too many limitations to mention in the enterprise where apps have scopes defined by networks etc. Has anyone successfully managed to create a second Virtual Nic and run an 802.1x client and authenticate the guest as well as the host?

Appreciate any help or advice.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Pete987
Contributor
Contributor

Reply to my own thread. But just in case it helps others.

#2. Mouse profiles in VM settings was set to mac not Guest VM. Instant fix.

#1 appears to be related to overall extremly poor graphics performance in fusion 7

#3 Work around is to rename the following file "C:\Program Files\VMware\VMware Tools\VMwareResolutionSet.exe-old"

#4 more an issue with our network, but interested to hear if anyone has managed to run 2 x 802.1x clients on Mac wifi

0 Kudos
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

#3 still no fix. Not able to manage res on windows computer is huge failure. Close to asking for money back for a product that doesnt work as advertised.

Just a FYI... Because VMware offers free 30 day trial they only offer a refund on defective software however I'm pretty sure their the one that make the determination if it's defective or not so it may not be an easy process.  Have  look at: What is VMware's Store Return Policy?  and FAQ: Customer service for VMware users (1187)

0 Kudos
Pete987
Contributor
Contributor

Apologies i edited this after getting a response from some one seemingly at the same time as you replied.

0 Kudos
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

No problem, at least you have the information if you need it.

0 Kudos