VMware Communities
DepthToy
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Fusion11.5 + Catalina. USB won't register

Hi, I've been over a few threads but can't fix it thus far.

I'm running Fusion11.5 on OS 10.15.4 Catalina, I have agreed and added VMfusion within the system preferences to

SystemPreferences > Security&Privacy > Accessibility (& Full disk access)

VMfusion is up and windows running, I mount the drive, VM asks to run on windows > yes > but it doesn't register. ( windows makes the sounds of a drive being plugged and unplugged ). I can't unmount with within disk management although I can't see it, then is mounts to the Mac desktop.

Any insights?

Many thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

See this: VMware Knowledge Base

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
RickShu
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi DepthToy,

Maybe this similar thread can help: USB 3 devices not mounting in Win10 VM - Fusion 11.5.1 + Catalina 10.15.3

Regards,

-Rick

0 Kudos
DepthToy
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks Rickshu,

I've tried to edit the VMX file but not sure I doing this correctly?? I have:

Applications/FusionVM (show package contents) > Contents/Library/vmware-vmx

I opened this in terminal but I couldn't add in the text > usb.generic.keepStreamsEnabled = "FALSE"

Am I doing this correctly?

0 Kudos
DepthToy
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

P.s I opened in textedit and added to the bottom of the code - I tried re-running VM but it was interlising for 45mins.. So I restored the software.. I assume this was the wrong way to attack it.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

See this: VMware Knowledge Base

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
DepthToy
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

SUCCESS! Thank you

0 Kudos