VMware Communities
dephares
Contributor
Contributor

Fusion won't recognize USB device

Hello everyone

I'm trying to connect a USB transcription footpedal to Fusion. I set this up over a year ago, but do to a recent crash I'm having to do it all over again, so I know the footpedal can work in Fusion. When I installed VMware tools there is no indication of the device being recognized by Fusion. How do I get Fusion to recognize a USB device. So far all it recognizes is the iSight camera, Apple Bluetooth, and Apple IR Receiver.

So far I have uninstalled and subsequently reinstalled tools several times.

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

I'm trying to connect a USB transcription footpedal to Fusion. I set this up over a year ago, but do to a recent crash I'm having to do it all over again, so I know the footpedal can work in Fusion. When I installed VMware tools there is no indication of the device being recognized by Fusion. How do I get Fusion to recognize a USB device. So far all it recognizes is the iSight camera, Apple Bluetooth, and Apple IR Receiver.

You probably had to add the following line to the target Virtual Machine's .vmx configuration file.

usb.generic.allowHID = "TRUE"

Have a look at the "USB HID" section in .

Also, if need be, have a look at the "Where to Find Things" section of .

Note: Make sure the target Virtual Machine is shutdown, not suspended and Fusion is closed when you edit the target Virtual Machine's .vmx configuration file.

Message was edited by: WoodyZ

dephares
Contributor
Contributor

This forum works well, thanks for the help. The footpedal is up and running again.

0 Kudos