VMware Communities
toffeejack
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Fusion with bootcamp vista ultimate

Hi there,

I recently purchased the top end 24" iMac with the Radeon 4850 card and I've installed Vista Ultimate through Bootcamp on another partition.

How straightforward is it to install Fusion and use this bootcamp parition virtually rather than create another partition? I've read of some problems on here so wondering if any potential issues have now been resolved.

Also, what are the recommended settings for the virtual setup if this works (RAM, CPU etc)?

Answering these questions would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RiteshK
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hello,

You can go for fusion as it will allow you to launch your Windows Vista without logging off Mac..For recommended settings you can go for 1 GB RAM ,1 CPU etc...All of the above fussion will allow you to change those settings later without causing any problem ,so no need to worry about it..

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
RiteshK
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hello,

You can go for fusion as it will allow you to launch your Windows Vista without logging off Mac..For recommended settings you can go for 1 GB RAM ,1 CPU etc...All of the above fussion will allow you to change those settings later without causing any problem ,so no need to worry about it..

0 Kudos