VMware Communities
Cold_Fusion
Contributor
Contributor

Fusion running XP and Second Life?

I just installed Fusion and Windows XP Professional. I then attempted to install Second Life under XP and I receive an error message that the graphics driver is NOT supported. Is there no way to get SL to run under XP in a fusion environment? Anyone else tried this?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Any reason why you are not just using the OSX Second Life client?

0 Kudos
Cold_Fusion
Contributor
Contributor

I am using that too, but it causes the IMac to get screaming hot, and I have heard rumors of various types that problems like this don't appear when running under XP on the same Mac hardware..

Make sense?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
voidPortal
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same question/problem trying to run Second life on an XP Fusion machine.I'd run Second Life OS X, but I'm struggling with a different problem there (resolving the Second Life host name).

I would also like to run Entropia on an XP Fusion machine, but the problem there seems to be DivX. And there is no OS X version of Entropia as far as I can tell.

I'm not a big gamer, but have recently discovered the popular virtual worlds, and the only one that runs on the XP Fusion machine is Active Worlds (for which there is also no OS X version available). I'm wondering if this is a general problem with Fusion. If so, it's (so far) they are the ONLY apps I've so far run across that do not work in Fusion.

0 Kudos